Hey,
Sorry it's been so long between posts!! It seems everything's been rrrrrrrreeaaaaaaalllllllly hectic and busy lately!!
So to update you on things going on... (I think my update in January was in regards to the invitation party that occured in December!) .. I'll try to summarize events that's happened since my last post.
Christmas was super busy. I had the wedding invitation party on the 14th, which was really fun! It was so great to see all the girls in one place!! I had my birthday on the 22nd, which was amazing!! My dad took a handful of us to Empire Seafood - my favourite Chinese restaurant - and ordered us a 16 pound Alaskan King crab!! It waaaasss soooooo goood! The thing was massive and made about three dishes of food!!!
December 24th Aaron, Shawna and I went to my dad's place for Christmas. December 25th we were at the Bradford's during the morning than off to the Young's at night. I can't remember entirely went on between the 26-27, but from the 28th-30th we went up to Whistler with Ken, Donna, Steph and Jordan. It was quite a fun little trip. We played a bunch of games in the evening, including a poker match on the first night... which I won by the way!!! Yay! When it was finally head to head between my dad and I, I thought I was done for since his stack was more than twice the size of mine. But with a little luck (and some smart playing of course) I was able to come back and steal all his chips! We had some amazing meals, including home made pil-minis, and went snowboarding on the 29th. Snowboarding was a ton of fun, it was the first time up to a moment this season and we managed to find a great run with nice soft snow and not too many people around. The last night Steph, Jordan, Aaron and I had a great battle playing cranium. Boys against girls - the boys decided to turn it into a drinking game (however the girls didn't really follow) - the drinking definetly did not help the boys and Steph and I destroyed them.
New Years was a blast. I wore my cute little skirt Shawna got me for my birthday, along with a nice sparkly $15 Winner's top that Carmen helped tailor. We went with Angus, Andrew, Shawna, Spencer, Kaj and a couple of their buddies to Fortune Sound club. We had a bunch of shots of tequila before heading to the club. We got there nice and early so we didn't have to wait in line and then started cracking the Pabst Blue Ribbon (we were real classy this night!). Shawna arrived a little late after having to close at work, and then the dancing didn't stop! The music was great, there was a great crowd, and Shawna and I somehow managed to always find someone who could let us into the locked handicap bathroom so we didn't have to wait in the woman's line up. We had a bunch too many, and decided to leave to find some food. We had a HUGE walk home! Thankfully, I just bought Doctor Sholl's purse foot-bootie things - so my feet were saved! Shawna wasn't as lucky, however Andrew helped piggy-back her a bunch. We were a long walk away from Spencer's, and there were no available cabs in site - luckily the weather was really nice!! Once at Spencer's we made it into the lobby, but weren't able to make it up since he was passed out (I think). Andrew and Aaron went on a hunt for Subway, while Shawna and I waited (I'm pretty sure we went to a 7-11 and bought smart pop and frozen perogies at this time). The subway was AMAZINGGGG!!! It's never tasted sooo good! Once fueled, we went on one last walk to Shawna's, and handful of us were lucky enough to jump in a cab; Aaron and Angus on the other hand had another trek ahead of them. Once everyone was at Shawna's we found places to crash and waited for the morning. All in all... really fun night!
PS. A really funny thing about this night (at least I find it quite funny) - a couple days before we just watched a South Park episode that was based on white trash couples who drink Pabst Blue Ribbon than end up in domestic disputes and the cops have to show up... prediction of the future???
Thinking ahead and knowing everyone would be really busy during the Christmas holidays, my Aunt decided to plan our Christmas get-together on January 7th. Very smart! Very thankful!! We had a great evening at a local Chinese restaurant and went back to my Aunt's for some DELICIOUS home made ice-cream fondue and the best cream puffs ever!!!
So during the invitation making, Steph and I had discussed whether or not it was possible for her and Jordan to push their wedding up from May 2013 to May 2012. It was around this time in January that they both found that they could! Yay!! Very exciting news all around, but it took a couple days until I finally realized what this all means. I agreed to be her maid-of-honour, which I saw as being no problem considering I'd have almost a whole year after my own wedding to help with hers. But now, I not only have my own wedding to continue planning and organizing in 7 months, but I have hers to help plan and organize in 4 1/2! Luckily hers is a destination wedding, so there's not quite as much planning to do. Bbbbuuuttttt given it's a destination wedding, now Aaron and I have to try to find the money to pay for it too!!! Eeeks!! Good thing we've been sticking to our budgets quite well, and are kinda cheap and don't spend a lot! Next on the to-do list, get Steph's wedding dress, start thinking about her Bachelorette party and her Wedding shower. We looked at possible dates for both and decided on Mar. 3 for the bachelorette and Jan. 22 for the shower. The shower was only 2 weeks away!!! I was freaking out, not going to lie!! I was working my little tush off-and a half! But after getting a lot of RSVP's back saying that they wouldn't be able to make it due to other events happening, Steph and I looked at some other dates. New date: April 1st. Phew! It would mean Steph's bachelorette would be before her shower, but it gave me ALOT more time to work on it! All in all, I'm super happy for Steph and Jordan - and really excited for a little pre-wedding trip to Los Cabos too with B!! There's a little bit extra added to my plate, but I guess it just helps me bring out my not-only Super, but Super-DUPER organizing skills out.
Towards the end of January I found my bridesmaids' dresses!!! Yay! I love them and think they're soooo pretty. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to have anyone with me to try them on, and had to pretty much buy them on the spot because they only had 2 sizes I needed in the store I was at, and the other two I'd have to get from Quebec.
Love them!!!! At this point, I didn't care if no one else liked them - I didn't even care they weren't in the colour I orginally wanted!! (Bridezilla moment coming out). I wanted them! And the colour for the most part worked, and I just thought they'd be really flattering on all the girls.. and very wearable aftewards - I almsot thought of buying one for myself, then realized that'd be a bad idea!
So that's a bit of an update of things going on. I have a list of about a bazillion things I'm trying to do currently. I'm working on the guestbook(s) - I don't want to give them away, but yes I kinda have two things I'm working on. Some homemade decor items. Wrapping ribbons around bubbles for the ceremony. Organizing Steph's bachelorette - working on the events of the evening as well as the games that will take place. Competitive season just started at Danceworx, so I've been dealing with finalizing costumes as well as will need to be in Chilliwack the next couple weekends for my groups. Ohhh ---- Aaron did his med interview this past weekend ( SOOOOO Proud of him!!!) -- so we'd been doing practice interviews all week. Trying to find time to make it to the states with Steph to go bridesmaid dress shopping for her wedding. Meeting with my potential DJ this week. Working of finishing off table numbers and getting ideas for the place cards. It seems like the list never stops, so I'll stop here - because my brain just got tired thinking of everything.
While there's tons to-do, I'm really trying to savour every bit of this whole experience. I'm hoping I'll be engaged only once in my life, so it makes me a bit sad to think this will all be over in a mere 6 months. Honestly, I'll probably miss all the to-dos once it's all over!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment