Needed to make a post when I realized that it's only 222 days to go! So exciting!!!!!
I don't want to write a long post today, got plenty to do in order to get the save-the-dates out soon! But thought I'd post about Aaron and I's experience registering yesterday!
We made a trip out to Bed, Bath and Beyond quite excited to get there and start scanning! Apparently it's not quite as easy and simple as that. We sat with a consultant as she instructed us on how everything goes, and then walked us through the store so we could get familiar with the sections. We decided to pick out our dinnerware first seeing as a lot of other items will depend on the design of the dinnerware. It took a little while but we eventually settled on Mikasa's white swirl! We quite like it, a little earthy but still nice. We can put them in the dishwasher and microwave without any worries, and it also has many other pieces to go along with the set (such as creamers, dip dishes, S & P shakers, ect.). We wanted to pick out a set that we could use everyday, but still be able to put out for nice dinners/entertaining but still look nice. I think we accomplished our task!
Amazingly enough, this one process all on its own took about an hour!! GAH! Our expectation while coming here was to only take about 2 hours. We got there around 3:30ish and thought the place was supposed to close at 6 - so we were running out of time. However, I knew Aaron must be fed after the first hour or the next hour would be MISERABLE! We got some timmy ho's, and then with our stomachs full, we were finally ready to pick up the scanner and scan away! We were quite controlled with the scanner. I mean we already have all our everyday items, but we thought this would be a good opportunity to upgrade some of our walmart/dollar-store student-on-a-budget purchases. I let Aaron take the reins on picking cutlery - he's pretty picky when it comes to his utensils! We carried around the mug from our set so we could match items up to it and see what would go best.
The next hour carried on as such: finding items we liked/wanted; debated whether or not it's something we'll actually use/actually need/actually want on our registry; scan or move on. Surprisingly, this takes a long time!!! Our consultant kept checking up on us to see if we were doing ok; during one of these pop-ins we learnt that the store isn't closing when we thought it was! Poor Aaron - now instead of having a set 6:00 leaving time - we could potentially stay until 9:00 due to Christmas shopping hours!! I must say he was a champ throughout the whole shopping experience! He didn't complain, he didn't lose his patience, he went through everything remarkably! I was shocked - I was actually the one that left with the major head ache!
We had a great time picking things. We actualy didn't end up scanning many items, so I've been spending the morning online going over our items, debating whether it was the right pick, in some instances changing the pick, and picking new items to add to the registry.
I would definetly say, while a slightly overwhelming experience knowing that these are the items we'd be using for the next 20, 30, 40, 50 years; it was one of the best experiences so far in wedding planning. Of course it couldn't top the dress shopping, but I think this would be right after it. It was a lot of fun being able to indulge a bit and pick out some really nice items that we really loved. I must say, the kitchenware section was one of my favourites!!! Bedding - not so much - we walked around in circles for quite a while trying to pick a duave cover - then again in pillows trying out a handful of them on one of the demo beds - and in the end couldn't decide. But still, it was really enjoyable and it was one of the first things I could do with just Aaron. We've done a tasting already, but that was a pretty quick experience and I found registering to be far more personal. We're no where near settled with our registry and we still figure we'll have to go to another place too, but I think it'll be atleast a month before I'll be able to get Bradford to go shopping again! Haha. He enjoyed the registering as well, but it was still 3-4 hours of being in the one store!
No comments:
Post a Comment