Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

I'm a liar... well I guess only halfly!

I know I said I would post about all those amazing things that went on this past couple weeks... however, that won't happen tonight!

Instead of sitting down, and focusing on writing - I got a little preoccupied.

I actually had quite a productive day, except for the fact that I didn't get to one of the main things I wanted to do today... get the blog all caught up.  I managed to make it to the gym (I was initially going to write "hit the gym" - however it doesn't usually turn out this way, rather the gym hits me!).  I decided I wanted to make food for the week.  I went to Walmart, realized I forgot my shopping list, purchased the things I could remember off the list -- mainly cheese! hah!  Had to return to my home, grab the list - needed to give Ferguson a few pets as she was being quite demanding - then make my way to Save-on-Foods and Kins for the remaining items on my list.  I got home and laid out all the items that were to help me prepare quite a lot of food! I ended up making pulled-pork via slow cooker, homemade lasagne & coleslaw for pulled pork sandwichs.  The house smelt absolutely amazing - however it left me exhausted.  I waited on the coach to do all the remaining cooking things required for my items - preheat oven, place lasagna in, turn slow cooker down from high to low, ect. 

Amazingly enough - all these things ended up bringing me to just after 5pm!! I had volunteering at 7, so I sat down to some extremely yummy lasagna, and popped a red-rave seeing as I knew I wouldn't be able to fit in a nap before heading off at 6:45.  I went and visited with Rose - we had a nice time doing the usual things - I painted her nails, we put on her favourite movie, and I rearranged a handful of the items in the room that she wanted moved.  At 8 I jetted over to Spiral so I could get some costumes picked out for my groups before class started. 

I was going to sit out for the first little while of the class I usually take on Tuesday nights so I could get all my costumes organized.  However, Dana was away, only 4 of the about 18 women in the class were there, and the sub Dana had organized ended up losing her voice at the end of the night - soooo class got cancelled.  I decided to still stay and get as many costumes picked out as possible.  I managed to get all but one done, so that's a big weight lifted off my shoulders - now I just gotta get all my students measured up this week!

I got home and decided to figure out our Thank You cards.  It might seem a bit premature for this, but one of our friends sent us some beautiful items from our registry, so we needed to make sure we sent out a nice Thank you card.  This is great now though because, for the most part, we have our Thank you cards all ready to go - we just have to of course personalize the insides for everyone!

Anyways, now it's come to 11:30pm - I'm exhausted and am actually quite happy with the amount I was able to write tonight - even though it wasn't about anything I intended to write on.  That being said, I'm hoping I'll be able to write about all the other things soon!!

Happy New Years Everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment