Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, 22 October 2011

Announcing the Engagement

So it's been 3 days and a few hours since Bradford asked me to marry him and telling everyone has been so much fun! I thought I'd share a few of my favorite reactions that I got.

I of course absolutely LOVED when others felt they needed to shed a tear with me.  Shawna, Kristy and Rhianna - it made my morning even better when you guys got that excited for me!  Rhianna's response went something like this (correct me if I'm wrong) - "Oh my god, I think I'm going to cry!... I am crying!" - Now picture this moment in the middle of a roofingstore where she was working ... priceless!

My Pou Pou's (grandma from my mom's side) response "So soon?!" - which surprised me considering it did take 8 years! To me 8 years seems like a long time! Not to mention they've been asking me when I would be getting married for the past 4 or so years.
       I won't forget the day when she made me put on her red chinese dress she wanted me to wear for my eventual wedding, that she had worn for my Uncle Wayne's wedding.  It had shoulder pads with velvet flowers - nuff said!
      Anyways, to explain her reaction - at Thanksgiving I had asked her if she was happy about Stephanie's engagement which she said yes, but then concluded with "What about you? When's yours?".  I figured with Steph's engagement I'd be off the hook for atleast a little while but apparently not.  My Gung Gung (mom's dad) then chimed in with "I want my 4th generation!".  Anyways, to get them to stop questioning me, I did the usual - I don't know; not right now; we're really happy together; it'll happen soon enough; don't worry you'll still be living to see it!  So since that was my response, she figured it wouldn't happen for a while, so getting the call 9 days later surprised her.

I loved going to the studios and telling everyone - high pitch squeals! Hugs! Yay!!! Loretta was especially fun to tell.  I went over to studio D inbetween a couple of my classes (for those of you who don't know the studio - studio D is detached from the rest of the studio and you have to go outside and down to the end of the complex to get to it).  I tip-toed in and waited in the studio doorway until she noticed me standing there. I finally caught her eye then shot my hand out front to see if she noticed the ring on my finger.  Pause, pause, pause - had to give a little point to it... "Oh my god! Congratulations!" - which was then my que to run in and give her a hug.  She told me after that she thought I was just trying to show her my nail polish (a pale blue at the moment).  Yes, I ran all the way over, held up my class for a couple minutes just to show off my nail polish! lol!
         Twila, had the same reaction a couple days later.

Hmm - who else... of course the Bradford's were half expecting it so it wasn't too big of a surprise. But they did have champagne and three types of dessert waiting for us which was pretty frickin' awesome!

Telling Jen was fun (a very close friend who I recenetly got to be a bridesmaid for - she will come in quite handy on this journey!). I tried to call her, but given that it's long distance she didn't pick up.  She instead texted back "Hey what's up?", I simply texted back "I'm engaged!" - she called back 2 seconds after! Which was followed by many squeals and congratulations!  She, coincidently, was going to be in town the next day so organized her and Kristy to come meet me after work so we could go to BP for the usual cheesey nachoes and spinach and artichoke dip! I came down from my last class to find them sitting there with a "Cupcakes" cupcake (which just so happened to be my favorite kind!!!), 3 bridal magazines and the cutest post-it notes I've ever seen! They had helpfully tabbed a bunch of dresses in the magazines with comments such as "If you plan on looking like a floozy on you wedding day...", "You could fit the whole bridal party under there!".  Jen had also gotten me a subscription to "Brides" -  the same magazine we had gotten her more than a year earlier which turned out to be her favorite magazine!  AND----, I have the best friends ever, they organized Reiko to be able to skype with us at Boston Pizza from California!

Ann and Peter's, from All Weather Products, comment on my facebook made me smile " Peter and I are so happy for you both, don't wait 8 years for the wedding".  We also got many more really touching and awesome comments and messages from others which we really enjoyed reading.

There was a bit of a delay in me being able to tell Steph since she was at work.  But when I finally got to tell her she was really excited, and was also excited to ask if I could be her maid-of-honour seeing as she recently got engaged!  There was no hesitation in my answer, which was of course yes, so now the exciting part is beginning-- not only do I get to start trying to plan my own wedding, but I get to help with Steph's too! So in the span of 3 days I've gotten engaged and found out I'll be working on planning 2 weddings! So exciting... slightly overwhelming! Meh, I'm organized... scratch that... I'm SUPER organized!

My dad was of course extremely excited.  He has been waiting for quite sometime, to the point where he'd recently been nagging "maybe he won't do it; we're just thinking about you" - which drove me a little nuts!! Now, he's not one that likes to wait for things, so it was no surprise when he already started chiming in on appropriate dates for the wedding - "Why don't you just do it tonight! Yeah, why wait?!", "No, too early? Well a March wedding could be very nice!".  Love that he's helping, but it most definetly won't be happening that soon! Gotta enjoy this engagement period/feeling for a little while- the feeling like I need to pop bubbly every night!

Anyways, there was of course sooooo many other exciting moments of getting to share our news with others but it'll take forever if I have to write them all out!  Note, that these were only instances where I was the bearer of the news; so of course there were great moments for Aaron but they are not included here (don't want to rush him into all this business too soon!).

It's been amazing being able to tell everyone - I love feeling the butterflies everytime I get to tell someone new, and I dread the moment I'll realize that there's no one left to tell.











No comments:

Post a Comment