So it wasn't long after the proposal that you could find me hanging about the chapters looking for books/magazines. This was a very surreal experience, even though I knew I was going there in order to purchase a bridal magazine and perhaps some wedding advice books - it still had not hit me at that moment that a wedding follows an engagement. I know it sounds weird, but it was a bit of one of those out of body experiences, like even though I was going to grab these items, these items weren't for me. While searching around I found these really interesting wedding planner binders. Some of them had a bit of planning information in them, some of them had some neat little free items, and all of them had dividers for sections such as - attire, budget, calendar, flowers, ect. I thought that this was such a great idea! I had seen them a year earlier while scoping out bridesmaid books for Jen's wedding and couldn't wait until I would actually need such a binder. While looking through them, I had a thought that perhaps I could do this on my own - all I really need is a binder and some dividers! Buy this time I was getting a little overwhelmed, and needed to remove myself from the wedding books and decided just to grab a magazine - the books could wait until this whole engagement sank in a little more (it had only been about 5 hours after all).
The next couple days, after I had gathered 3 more magazines from Jen and Kris, I noticed I was starting to gather a small pile of magazine pages I'd torn out of the magazines. It was officially time for me to start a binder. I found an old large binder and made a stop to walmart where I picked up a few items that totalled under $9. It took me a while to solidify exactly what I wanted to divide the sections into, but I eventually settled on:
1) Basics - timelines, budget, colours - and some other general info
2) Calendar
3) Attire (which is split into Bride and Bridesmaids)
4) Guests
5) Venues
6) Food/Drinks
7 a)Decor
b)Flowers
8) Music/Photography
Once I get more into everything, those may change with time, but I figure they're a good start. I've added clear page protector pages in order to easily insert and remove magazine clippings. And I bought some pastel coloured line paper to write notes on - this was definetly a fun coloured paper situation!
After putting it all together, I was ready to start working on the cover. I got a binder that had the option to add in a cover page so I could make it a little more personalized. After a little bit of thought and a little bit of time, I arrived at my finished product. I must say I'm very happy with it and it looks a lot better than the chapters options which would have cost me upwards of $35 + tax.
Chapters option:
~ Cute but very pink - I can be girly, but never really been a pink-girly girl
My Binder:
Still cute and pretty - but a whole lot more special!
Not surprisingly, now I'm even more excited to go through the magazines and start all the planning so I can begin to fill up my binder.
Another little project I did on the side was make labels for vendors/draws/ect. I'm quite proud of these as well and think they're super cute!
Oooohhhh! These projects get me so excited!!! I'm going to DIY the crap outta this wedding!

No comments:
Post a Comment