Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, 30 October 2011

Halloween Club Crawl

Well this has absolutely nothing to do with the wedding, but it was a nice break inbetween some wedding planning!  Rhianna and I really wanted to do something this Halloween, so before Aaron had proposed to me, we had organized going on a club crawl downtown.  Aaron, Angus, Shawna, Jenn (Shawn's roommate), Ali, Rhianna's brothers and one of their friends all decided to join us. 







Rhianna and I were extremely excited and went out October 1st looking for Halloween costumes.  We went with some really cute butterfly costumes, complete with an amazing tutu!!! I never really got to wear a tutu dancing surprisingly, so whenever I get the chance to wear one, I just can't resist!!





I helped with Aaron and Angus's costumes.  They went as Vancouver Stanley cup rioters.  They wore their jersies, bandanas, tattooed their faces and a sign that read "Identified".  Must say, it was one of my favorite male costumes of the night! (Aaron says I'm biased :P).  Ali was a beautiful mermaid with the help of her mom.  Shawna was a foxy lady -- her response: "no Syd, just a fox." Tyson and Tyler went as McGruber; Brody was Brick from Anchorman.  Jenn looked super cute as the cat in the hat! It was such a fun group!

The club crawl started at 3, yes you heard me 3!!! We got ready and Aaron, Angus and I met up with Ali at her place to have a couple drinks before making our way to the first club, Ceilis.  It felt pretty odd to be in a club and having drinks so early, but amazing at the same time!  Here, we just met up with our group and hung about and chatted until the first bus came to pick us up.  Next stop was The Cellar.  Now, this club in comparison to Ceilis is very close, probably only a few minute walk.  However, now traffic was crazy, we were on Smithe and the bus driver decided to go all the way up to Burrard before turning back to Granville, and Rhianna, Ali and I realized we really had to pee.  When I say really, I mean REALLY!  I couldn't even talk to Rhianna on the bus, because everytime I looked at her I knew she was just thinking about her bladder, which made me think of mine and it was starting to hurt we had to go so bad!  As soon as we got off the bus instead of waiting in line to make it into the club, we ran to the neighbouring hotel to see if they had a bathroom we could use.  When I asked the lady at the front desk she first said no, but then said we could try the one just down the stairs.  We all go flying down the stairs, and what do you know... we ended up right in the Cellar!! Didn't have to wait in the line with everyone else, and since not many others had made it in yet, there was plenty of bathroom stalls for us so no one had to wait even further!

The Cellar was awesome! They really decked out the place, the ceiling was covered in cob webs and it really had a Halloween feel.  This is where the dancing began! The whole time here was full of dancing; it was so much fun!  Before we knew it, it was time to make our way to our third stop on the tour.  While out side we found out we were about to make our way to south west marine! SOUTH WEST MARINE! Here we are downtown expecting to stay around Granville, and now we're making our way WAY away from it!  They promised us we'd be coming back to granville after, so we packed ourselves onto the best and made our way, to as we put it, "to the middle of butt f*** nowhere" in Richmond to a random club that was not on the start up list: The Motel Hotel.  Looked pretty crappy from the outside, but we got in line and made our way in.  Angus managed to get his hands on one of the event staff passes and could get a couple free drinks! It didn't take long before the dance floor was packed, the DJ was awesome!  There was two levels to this club, so after spending a bit of time on the dance floor at the bottom, we decided to go upstairs and dance along the sections up there! It was so much fun, all the girls went up and danced in this little area that looked over everyone else.  It was pretty fun to see everyone below bouncing around, and what was really funny to see: Aaron and Angus had just got new drinks so were just doing small bounces side to side and stuck out like crazy since everyone else was going crazy all around them!


 Eventually we ended up in a region just outside a creepy little room with a bed inside.  It was a pretty gross concept, but pretty funny at the same time!  Shawna and Jenn had found a stripper pool in a neighbouring room and grabbed me to show me.  They've been taking pole dancing lessons lately so showed me their great new moves they've been learning.  I attempted to spin and twirl all around it, it was pretty fun but I woke up with a large bruise on the inside of my thigh below my butt, and I have a feeling it had something to do with that pole! Sadly it was eventually time to go again, I really enjoyed this club but it'd be nice to make our way back to the downtown area.  



We were really excited to find out what our last and final stop would be.  We eventually found ourselves heading into gas town where we stopped outside of the Red Room.  By this time it was getting pretty late, and we hadn't eaten since 3 (some of us even earlier!), so instead of going into the club, we made our way over to Steamworks for a drink and some food.  There was no space inside, but they had some amazing heaters, so we sat outside.  Their manager that night had said the first people to sit outside would get free calamari, and amazingly enought, not just one but both of our tables got free calamari! It was soooo good! Ali and I shared some nachos and a fish bowl sangria.  Everything was so amazing, and we were all ssstarrrving so we devoured as much as we could fit into our tummies!

Once we were all full, we made our way back to the Red Room.  We got some drinks and started dancing.  It wasn't long before we noticed the music wasn't really changing too much, it was all techno music with absolutley no lyrics and definetly no top 40 type hits that people recognized.  The dance floor was no way as busy as at the last couple, and most people had filtered off to the sides.  Shawna started to not feel so well as she'd been fighting a cold lately and decided to leave to go home.  Aaron, Angus and I knew we didn't want to be out too late, I mean
we did start at 3pm, so even leaving my 11 or so was a good amount of time partying.  We were getting pretty annoyed with the music so decided to call it a night and then we could still make it on the skytrain back home.  It was pretty fun walking down granville and seeing so many people all dressed up.  Not everyone got Aaron and Angus's costumes, but when someone got it.. oh they got it, and their reactions were pretty funny to see!  There was a really cute couple dressed up as robots using large cardboard boxes.  They just would walk the street, stop randomly to dance around or creep up behind people; it was really entertaining.  It was especially cute to see them walking down the street a little later, hand-in-hand... cute little robot couple!

All in all it was a fabulous night! Had a great time dancing, and noticed when I'd hit Ali's place my voice was gone - a definite sign that I was dancing and singing the night away! Aaron and I finished off with some McD's (which in the end probably wasn't the best choice) - then had a little walk home.  The morning after - not so great, but not terrible by any means!  It's sad it will be so long until we can do it again! Dressing up was soooo much fun, and it was such an amazing group to be with! Time to hang up the tutu, and pull my wedding binder back out!

The Motel Hotel - the greasy room!



No comments:

Post a Comment