Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Dress Shopping!

Ohhhh dress shopping, what an adventure it was!

So Carmen and I took the bus out to Bisou Bridal where we would meet up with Shawna, Rhianna and Steph.  After about an hour of transitting we made it to our destination!  So excited to see the dresses in the window, I almost didn't notice how dark it was inside behind the dresses!  We found the entrance and tried to open the doors... it was locked! WHAT?! That's when we noticed that all the lights were off inside and there wasn't anyone to be found.  We couldn't believe it! We called Rhianna who had arrived a bit earlier and was hanging out at the starbucks on the other side.  She never noticed if the lights were on or off as she passed it originally.  Now what?  Here we were standing outside, 15min early for our 5pm appointment with no other bridal shops around.  We tried calling the number with no luck of course since there was no one inside.  We double checked their opening times, and no that wasn't it because it said they were open until 6.  We were sooo confused! I called Steph, and double checked she actually made an appointment for that day at that time, and yes she confirmed.  Now what?? 

Well there wasn't much we could do.  Feeling very disappointed that after all this, I wouldn't be able to try on ANY dresses, we continued to stand outside the locked doors.  Steph quickly made some phone calls and was able to find a place that could take us in right away not too far away. YAYY!!! We packed into her mustang, and quickly made our way over.  We picked out some dresses and into the dressing room I went.

I picked up the first dress, and pulled it on - it was so surreal.  It's a weird feeling putting on a wedding dress for the first time - could almost not believe it was happening.  The dress was beautiful - more than beautiful, it was fantastic!  I felt amazing in it and knew this would be such a fun experience.  Everyone loved it -- ohhhed and ahhhed, and told me this is the one!  It was hard to believe at first, I mean it was the very first dress I slipped on!  I wasn't sure if this was just the effect of putting on a bridal dress for the first time.  So I was ready to try on some more. 

The consultant and I were like a well oiled machine.  Throughout the 1 hour appointment we were able to get me in and out of about 15 different dresses!  We were able to narrow down the style we liked and begin to understand just how special that first dress was.  One of the last dresses I put on I absolutely loved as well.  It was so different, wasn't like anything I would have imagined I'd wear, but I felt like a fairytale forest princess!  It was so different, the train was MASSIVE!! I never imagined myself with such a large train!  Then I had to ask... could I try on a veil??  Wow the power of a veil! I felt amazing! I felt like a bride, but I still really wanted to try on the first dress again, with a veil as well.  She brought out this long huge veil to wear with the first dress.  First reaction .. "DRAMA!!" - Loved it!!!! Felt amazing! Loved the extra umph the huge veil brought to the dress. 

Could the very first dress I put on really be THE dress??? But, this was still only the very first dress store, so I won't be truely satisified until I go to a couple more stores to be certain!  But I believe I have a very clear idea of the style of dress I'm wanting!

On the not so fun note - it's been a rough week - I had to miss the bridal fair :( .  I was soooo sick Sunday morning, and had to cancel the outting because I didn't think I could handle the drive ride there.  Oh well, my sisters were able to pick me up some things they felt would be helpful, and there's always another one in January I could go to.   This cold has been ROUGH - I can't remeber the last time I've been this sick! Bad timing!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget Syd, my dress was the first dress... it could be the one :)

    Also check out this website - it's a guide to all the upcoming bridal fairs. There are lots ;)

    http://www.diyweddingresource.com/DIY/wedding_shows.htm

    ReplyDelete