Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, 18 November 2011

The Invitation

Hello,

Well I mentioned briefly the last post about how I've come up with my invitation.  Anyways, I'm so proud of it I wanted to show it off a bit!!! SSSSSoooooooooooo here she is!!



Looks all purdy and nice, and costs only around $1.00 per invitation - most of the cost is for the paper.  Why is it that paper costs so much! Rediculous! I couldn't believe how much I was paying for the stuff, and I got it 40% off too!  For the 12 x 12 sheets they were charging $1.30 before discount! Yikes!!! I think I'm going to have to start searching for a cheaper paper place - although generally, Micheals isn't the place to go unless you have coupons, or are willing to pay extra I've found.  So hopefully if I can find a place that doesn't charge so much for their paper that I can get the cost down to closer to $0.75/invitation.

I've also found a cake design I reaaaaaaaaalllly like.  Looks simple and clean enough, but still quirky and fun!  Although quirky comes with a cost - apparently M & M's aren't so cheap!

But you can probably expect an exact replica at my wedding, except with Aaron & My heads of course! Lol! ... I guess that just ruined that surprise now did it! That's the tough thing with this blog, I use it to be able to document everything going on with the planning of the wedding, but at the same time it gives away everything for those who will be attending the wedding :P

Hopefully, I'll have so much done before the wedding you guys will have forgotten everything by the time of the wedding! - I mean it has been only a month since I've been engaged and I've lined up a venue, my dress, idea for my bridesmaids dresses, potential cake baker, possible caterer, design for the invitations, my photographer and videographer, and organized a good portion of decor!  I think I'm on a pretty good role - it actually dawned on me a few days ago - what will I do once everything is done???!!! I guess that's when I actually have to start completing all the DIY shhhtuff.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me - there will be things to do right up to the day of the wedding :) Actually there will even be things to do after the wedding haha!

    PS: LOVE LOVE LOVE the invites and the cake!

    ReplyDelete