Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

End of November update

So I know I haven't posted in awhile, so I figured I'd just send out a little post!  Not much has actually happened as of late.  Just trying to organize and get things gathered together!  We were able to buy some sashes off of craigslist in the perfect purple, so I was really happy!  We found that with decorators sashes, the purple was just too much of a royal purple, so it looked really light when wrapped around white chairs - but these ones I found a nice deep darker purple, so they give off the right colour! .. And I was able to get them for a $1 each!! Cheaper than renting, plus I'm hoping to sell them afterwards, so hopefully I can get some money back!

I went shopping to a bunch of the florist warehouses with my Aunt last Tuesday.  We found some great finds to help add to the decor!  After doing a checklist to see everything Carmen and I've collected in the past month and a bit, we both agreed no more purchasing and lets just work with what we have for now!! We've managed to collect A LOT!!!! You should see their basement!!! Thank god for the basement or else all that stuff would be collecting in our small little place!!

I've managed to collect almost all the supplies for invitations, and have set up a date to work on them with bridesmaids and friends!! Really excited for that day! Now I just have to figure out what to actually write on them! I've set up Save-the-dates and a website - now I'm working on gathering friends and families' emails so that I can send them off hopefully before the New Years.  I'm really excited about the website! I've organized all the information in regards to our wedding on the site and am hopefully going to be able to use it as an RSVP base.  Rather than spending extra money on postage and envelopes to provide guests with RSVP returns - I'm referring all our guests to the website where they can RSVP straight to our wedding email account!  This will allow for a better/quicker understanding of what our guest count will be - also easier!  If people still would prefer to mail vs. email - they can do so, but at their own cost. 

We get to try the potential food this Friday!!! I'm crossing my fingers and rrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy hoping it's good enough! I'm not looking for very fancy food, or even the best food I've ever tasted - I'm just looking for food that tastes good, that's in a low budget price range, and that there's enough and a variety so I won't worry about my guests going home hungry. 

On a very happy note - Aaron finally shaved his mustache!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!! He's nice and cleanly shaven again which I greatly appreciate!

I'm getting really excited; while it hasn't been that long since we got engaged, every day that passes we're getting closer and closer to the big day!!! I can't wait to see everything I've been picturing be put together!!! It's funny, before all this I really never imagined what my wedding day would look like.  I was just never that little girl that fantasized about her wedding day.  But it's been sooooo fun putting it together now! Better late then never!

No comments:

Post a Comment