YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Can't stress enough how excited I am that we've been able to solidify our venue!
I went and visited the park yesterday with Carmen and Donna. Carmen and I parked in the completely wrong parking lot, and had a bit of an adventure trying to find the lodge, but we made it! We ended up walking through the kids playground area on our way there, and I could just imagine Aaron and I playing around in this area for photographs!
We walked in, and it proved to be exactly what the pictures looked like! Phew!!! There were plenty of bathrooms, the kitchen was nice and large, and there was easy access to the outside! The ceilings were nice and high, and the lights were on a dimmer so I could set the mood for the reception! The only down fall, is there was no little small rooms to hold stuff in. But oh well - I could live with this - I could just reserve the handicap room for myself if need be! Haha.
We didn't really get a chance to see the ceremony space as it's the rose garden, and it was raining outside!! We saw it from a far and it looked fabulous!! However, if it's raining - well there's not really a back up plan. We can either rent tents so we can still have it outside, or we need to have it in our reception space. I'm crossing my fingers, and might be putting brooms in the trees the morning of the wedding to help ward off the rain. But if all else fails, we can make it work!
I can't wait to make a trip back to the space when it's not so grey and raining, so I can get a bit of a better feel for the park. I think it will be great!! I put a deposit down for the reception hall and ceremony space. Which means... the date is SET!!! YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
July 20th, 2012!
There's no 8's in there, but it's still a good date, plenty of 2's and 0's.
And, I know I haven't mentioned the venue name yet so for those of you curiously waiting, the wedding will be held at Queen Elizabeth Park's Centennial Lodge. You can see photos of the place by clicking on the following link:
http://www.seevirtual360.com/themes/2/theme02.aspx?listingID=6970
LOOOVEEE!!
Ohhh --- and I was able to ask a good family friend - Kate McMaster - to officiate the wedding! And she said Yes!!!! Soooo - if all else fails, I have a venue and an officiant - so we'll atleast be able to get married if nothing else!
Looks GORGEOUS Syd!!!!! PS: love the Wedding SOS reference :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear what is next!